Wednesday, September 3, 2008

- I'm in the wrong Job

I've been off on my internet travels again and this time I've put myself into the mindset of the megarich superstar rock legend. Indulge me, if you will. OK, OK, I know that people don't necessarily have to be rock stars to fall foul of the booze and drugs, but I guess having made it big before sliding down the slippery slope might have its advantages. I remember going to see Crosby, Stills and Nash a few years back (sadly without Young) and one of the most moving moments was Crosby's solo rendition of 'Almost cut my hair' prior to which he described going through a police initiated drug rehab program which basically involved cops laughing at him while he writhed around on the floor in agony. Well, only himself to blame, some would say. I bet he wishes he'd had somewhere like this place to go and clean up his act.


Seriously, though, if you're going to clean up your act then bloody well do it in style, that,'s what I say. This place is the Cliffside Malibu, and be sure it'll be where I'll head next time I'm a rich and famous rock star in need of a drug treatment center. Time for me to get working on this year's festive fifty entry.

If I'm ever in need of addiction treatment, I have to say I couldn't imagine a better place to get it than in the hills of Malibu, overlooking the Pacific.

No comments:

Who was John Peel?


The philosophy of this blog is a celebration of music in the spirit of the late John Peel. For those of you who want to learn more, click here.

Fades in Slowly RSS

Fades in Slowly