Friday, August 22, 2008

- Ranknoodle Search

I love messing around on the internet as much as the next man but when someone suggests to me that there's a new and better way to search for information, I'm usually sceptical without reason. I've tended to stick to that reasonably popular search engine that begins with a g and ends in oogle, although I can't help but notice that you end up more often than not with a list of sites that have paid to be at the top of the search list.

So it was then, with reluctance, that I took a look at the highly recommended (by my brother) RankNoodle.com. My initial caution seemed well-founded as I looked through the 'top 100 Searches' that greet you as you enter the site, with such gems as 'men forced to wear a bra' and 'thug gangsta poems and rhymes'. Although I don't consider myself that much of a thug gangsta, nor have I ever been forced to wear a bra (always totally of my own free will I should mention), I persisted and was pleasantly surprised at the atypical layout of the search results.



Given my recent salivating over the new Verve album, I thought it only wise to enter 'the new verve album' as my search engine criteria. What I was greeted with was the page you can see above: a short description of the band and the album, a list of common FAQs related to my search query, selected pics of the band and the album, as well as the traditional search engine results section. To be honest, I just really like the way it's set out and thought I'd share it with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is like a 1000 times more useful than google and others - thanks

Who was John Peel?


The philosophy of this blog is a celebration of music in the spirit of the late John Peel. For those of you who want to learn more, click here.

Fades in Slowly RSS

Fades in Slowly