Monday, July 14, 2008

- The '76 Fifty: A Helping Hand


'Just too darn bloody long ago' I hear you all rant. Give me a break, I was only three years old and have already decided which three tracks I'm going to choose (none of which appear on 'Frampton Comes Alive', I should add, nor will Joan Armatrading make the cut, I'm afraid to say).



Frampton has waited a long time for Festive Fifty glory. Will you oblige him?


If you need a bit of help making up your mind, check out the Wikipedia music of 1976 page. This should help you narrow it down to 100 or 200 tracks! You've got the Ramones debut, BMW's Rastaman Vibration, Bowie's Station to Station, ABBA's seminal Arrival LP, Genesis churning out prog rock, the Steve Miller Band's Fly Like an Eagle, and would you believe that this was the year that the Cure formed?

You could go ahead and choose one of the years 5 biggest selling singles:

- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- ABBA - Fernando
- Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Others may choose thisthisthis or even this.







No comments:

Who was John Peel?


The philosophy of this blog is a celebration of music in the spirit of the late John Peel. For those of you who want to learn more, click here.

Fades in Slowly RSS

Fades in Slowly